Friday, February 11, 2011

New Discoveries (Sent to Bay Area Beer Bloggers for SF Beer Week)

Tuesday, January 25th 2011
New Discoveries (Sent to Bay Area Beer Bloggers for SF Beer Week)
I just discovered Monkey High Five at Bear Republic. A bit north, but I still consider it North Bay, sorta. What a delicious, umm...what style was it? A belgian IPA? Cascadian Dark Ale? A Black IPA? Great balance of hops and slight roasted malt. Beautiful dark, slightly transparent brown with clinging foam lacing. I can't believe they aren't promoting this on their site.
Puddle Jumper Pale Ale from Third Street Aleworks was an old friend that I became re-acquainted with. Reminded me of the first time I tasted Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and how surprised I was with amount of hops it contained for a pale ale. No wonder it is an award winner.

And lastly, Rejection from Russian River. This beer does everything but turn me away. I look forward to being welcomed by its depth of flavor every year as Valentine's approaches. A Belgian Dark Ale with only a minute bit of sourness, similar to Back In Black IPA, but with a much more complex malt profile. Wish it was year around, but it gives me a reason to enjoy V-day.


No comments:

Post a Comment